Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Zentangles .... Oh My!










Here are my Zentangles... well my version of a Zentangle.  I think the real deal is more to keep with just shapes not making a shape of a animal or flower or such.  But hey if we all stuck to the rules we would never have any fun or have anything different.  I am in Group D on the yahoo group Art for the creative Mind. It is a wonderful group that was created by Tolegranny and she pushes not only herself I am sure but all of us to dip our toes in waters we would otherwise not have tried.  Zentangles was my water of the month that I would have not tired without a push.  I have found they can be stressful if you let them. But the point is more to allow yourself to relax and doodle.  Once you can do the relax part they are fun.  But as in my floral painting and adding leaves... I found myself adding just one more shape... one more line.  I have to have a border on my tangles, oh don't ask why.  I haven't got a clue. Maybe it is I wanted them to look well framed? I have come to the thought I don't like the heavier lines I made.  Next time going to leave them out I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment